Mobile Deposit FAQs
What are the eligibility requirements for Mobile Deposit?
Any Central Bank and Trust Co. Online Banking customer whose deposit account has been open with no overdrafts for at least 60 days is eligible for Mobile Deposit. If you are not currently an Online Banking customer, use the register button on our home page to get started.
How do I get Mobile Deposit?
If you currently use Central Bank’s Mobile Banking app, simply go to iTunes or Google Play to download the latest version of the app. If you do not currently utilize Mobile Banking, download the Central Bank and Trust Co. Mobile App on your device. After you register for Mobile Deposit and accept the Terms and Conditions, we will review your application and notify you within 2 business days once it is approved or denied.
How does Mobile Deposit work?
Mobile Deposit is easy to use and completely secure! To use Mobile Deposit, log on to the Central Bank and Trust Co. Mobile App and follow these simple steps:
- Select Deposit Checks from the list of menu options.
- Choose the account to which you want the deposit to be credited.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Take a picture of the front and back of your check. Make sure that your check is endorsed with your signature and “For Mobile Deposit.” To ensure that your photo meets the image requirements please follow these guidelines:
- Place your check on a contrasting solid background;
- Choose a place that is well-lit and avoid shadows;
- Position your camera directly over the check (not at an angle); and
- Fit the entire check in the border on your phone’s screen.
- Once you are satisfied with the image of the check, Click Deposit.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your deposit is accepted, adjusted, or deleted.
What kinds of checks can be deposited?
Checks drawn off any bank in the United States and payable in US funds that are made payable to and endorsed by the account holder may be deposited. Please refer to the Mobile Deposit Agreement for a listing of items that cannot be deposited via Mobile Deposit. A copy of this agreement can be found here.
What is the cut-off time for Mobile Deposits?
The deposit cut-off time is 4:00 p.m. CST. Any deposit received by the bank after the cut-off time on a business day, or on any day that is not a business day, will be considered as received by the bank and processed on the next business day.
When will my Mobile Deposit be available?
Funds are generally available on the next business day after the date of your deposit. If the bank chooses to withhold the availability of these funds, you will be notified by US mail. Mobile Deposits will NOT memo-post to your account immediately like deposits made in person at a branch.
Is there a limit on the dollar amount I can deposit each day?
Yes. Once your application for Mobile Deposit has been approved, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of the established limits.
What do I do if I need to deposit a check that is larger than my established limit?
Contact Deposit Operations at 620-663-0670 or your account officer to see if an accommodation can be made, or simply bring your check into a branch location for deposit.
What do I do with the original check after it is deposited via Mobile Deposit?
Store the check securely for 10 calendar days, and then shred it. We may ask you to produce the original item if there is an issue with the image quality.
Are there fees for using Mobile Deposit?
Currently we do not impose any fees for using Mobile Deposit. Mobile data usage fees assessed by your mobile carrier may apply.